The BitPusher team is based in San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and Denver, and composed of accomplished architects and engineers. We have created extraordinary client experiences through developing innovative services, processes, and technology standards. Working at BitPusher offers you the chance to work with a wide array of technologies and see how they work for a variety of applications. We have a strong commitment to being a leader in managed application hosting, with client satisfaction being our top priority.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k) plan. We promote a strong learning culture, collaborative environment, interesting projects, and opportunities for growth.
This position may be based at any of our three offices (in San Francisco, Denver, or Santa Cruz), but will initially be remote for as long as the Covid-19 situation requires. We are open to remote workers within the United States with the ability to travel a few times per year.
BitPusher is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, sex, orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator/DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a professional who has a track record of building high-quality service infrastructure using AWS, Linux, and modern DevOps tools. Your ability to work with a team and build according to an agreed set of principles and standards is more important than which technologies you already know. Your understanding of what makes services reliable, performant, manageable, and secure is both conceptual and practical. You understand both how individual systems operate and how distributed systems work together. Extra depth on security in modern cloud environments is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team to design and build high-quality infrastructures for existing internet-facing applications, using tools such as Terraform, Docker, and Chef.
- Build, design, and improve monitoring systems, based on tools such as Prometheus, CloudWatch, and Nagios.
- Design and document processes for infrastructure maintenance, such as patching, expansion, and troubleshooting.
- Support client-facing engineers to help them learn and manage new infrastructure you were involved in building.
- Build tools to assist in AWS infrastructure security audits, which include the detection of changes to S3 access restrictions and compliance with IAM policies standards.
- Design the systems and open source software configurations for application infrastructure components such as RabbitMQ, Envoy Proxy, and Kafka; run tests to tune and validate these configurations.
- Participate in architecture, design, and automation strategy discussions.
- Interact with clients to understand application requirements and to coordinate application level testing.
- Support migration and go-live for new infrastructure and services.
- Perform complex automation tasks to support other engineers as needed.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an operations or platform development role for internet-facing services.
- Minimum 8 total years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux administration.
- Significant experience administering modern cloud environments, especially AWS.
- Familiarity with DevOps automation tools, such as Chef, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, and Capistrano.
- Experience with monitoring and graphing systems such as Prometheus, Nagios, and Grafana.
- Strong scripting abilities, preferably in Bash, Ruby, and/or Python.
We are not engaging recruiters or agencies at this time, direct applicants only. To apply, please send your résumé and a brief message to firstname.lastname@example.org.